Saturday, July 25, 2009

meet me in st. louis!

This city is so cool! Here are a few photos from our adventures so far.


Sue Anne, Lauran, Hannah, and me at the Arch.

This is the tiny door to the "pod" that will take you to the top of the Arch.

Then the tiny door opens to reveal this. Nanoo nanoo! (See Mork & Mindy)


And when I got out at the top, I saw this!

Soulard Farmer's Market on a Saturday morning. We enjoyed some excellent mini donuts. We did not eat any asparagus while we were there. But we are grilling some tonight!

At the entrance of City Museum. If you go to St. Louis, you have to go to City Museum.

Yes that IS a real plane! And yes I did climb into and around it, and all over this crazy outdoor structure. There is also a ferris wheel on top of the roof, as well as a school bus which hangs precariously over the side of the building. Everything at the museum is created with found objects from the St. Louis area. It's one crazy place!

More of the outdoor climbing structure outside City Museum.

This is part of the inside of City Museum. The slinky-looking thing on the left side is another climbing structure that goes up to the 2nd floor. I'll post more photos of the interior later!

No comments: