Saturday, October 15, 2011

some observations...

some random thoughts that have crossed my mind over the last few weeks...

1) i don't get why people don't supply their guests with washcloths when they visit. i'm certainly not taking one with me - how am i supposed to transport a wet washcloth back home without it a) making everything else wet, or b) getting icky in a plastic bag to keep everything else from getting wet? that bar of soap ain't gonna cut it, people. don't be stingy - bust out the washcloths! and for heaven's sake - i need TWO towels to dry off completely. my hair requires its own, thank you.

2) i really loathe halloween. i've dreaded it ever since i was in 2nd or 3rd grade and our teacher forced us to listen to ghost stories from north carolina. it was just too freaky and remains so to this day. and i didn't even get into the costume aspect of it. wouldn't it have been easier if my mom had just given me the candy intended for everyone else to me??

3) i'm ready for a new job. i even had an interview this past monday at a small company in chapel hill (chapel hill!!), and i have another potential interview in the works. no word from the first interview yet - keep your fingers crossed for me, please!

4) life without texting is a-ok. to everyone who hasn't been texting me - my bank account and i both thank you.

5) i'm going low-tech. the text moratorium has shown me that i can live without having my email/internet/twitter/facebook/games/apps at my fingertips 24/7. so whenever this verizon contract ends, i'm going to the cheap side complete with super cheat phone and super cheap month-to-month contract.

6) i miss the days before cell phones. i miss when it was ok that you didn't answer your phone because your phone was at home and you simply weren't.

7) two phrases that i am pretty tired of hearing:
    a) "i pay too much money to go to this school to be this cold/hot/hungry/tired/etc." - note to you   people: money doesn't buy you perfection. the sooner you realize that, the easier your life will be. and mine. thanks.
    b) "i mean, we're in college. we're ADULTS." - good one. you are only adults in the legal sense that you have managed to live at least 18 years. congratulations. your attitudes, communication skills (or rather, lack thereof), and inability to leave others' laundry post-it notes up on the sign-up poster indicate that you are not adults by any other definition.

whew! i'm done for now, and i appreciate your attention. have a super duper weekend!

1 comment:

Collette Kinane said...

Oh, Allison. This last one made me laugh a lot (mostly the part about being able to live 18 years...about 12 of which they probably had little control over). We had this training session which essentially taught us we're not supposed to call the freshies "kids." I'm not stopping, they are children. I know, I lived through it.

I miss you super a lot. I've had a lot of the same tech thoughts recently. Mostly I just decided that my New Years' resolution is going to be finally deleting that FB account of mine (which I haven't signed into in almost 2 months!)

If I ever have a welcoming residence for guests, I'll give you 2 towels, a handtowel, and a few washcloths. Get excited. Maybe I'll even get a set and make it your permanent visiting collection. I'll monogram it "for allison, only. happy showering!" :)