some photos from our excursion to the big apple. enjoy!

jfk international airport, the old TWA terminal. i have vivid memories of arriving at the departing from this terminal when my family and i went to holland for the summer. it's currently being restored, thank goodness. designed by eero saarinen (who designed
this as well) - it's a classic!

welcome to new york. we will be happy to take all of your money from you because we charge exorbitant prices for everything, including food.
first sight - washington square park and its famous fountain.
aaaaaaaand now we're IN the famous fountain. it was slimy.
the new york public library.
they have the ORIGINAL winnie-the-pooh and eeyore, too. these are the actual animals which inspired aa milne to write the beloved books.

radio city music hall and a bona fide new york city taxi.
NBC studios
inside the NBC experience store where the first display was ALL FRIENDS!
lauren and i enjoyed this view as we ate lunch at 30 rock.
you can't tell, but i promise that those two people in the spotlight are sean hayes (jack from 'will & grace') and kristin chenoweth (original glinda from wicked! and guest star on gLee). lauren and i saw 'promises promises' and it was FABULOUS.
my first outing to brooklyn!

back to central park (there's chandler's office building again!)

it was crazy hot there, but it was also quite lovely.
courtney was the only one of us who managed to make her way up on this statue near central park. it's also the only picture i have of her, but it's proof that she was there, too!
2 comments:
I was really interested in all of your pictures, but I can't get over the fountain. I hope you all used a whole lot of disinfectant--like medical grade stuff.
You and AA Milne should have had a pooh party! I had one when I was 2. I really like how you included Eeyore, too. But Piglet's lookin REAL creepy.
unfortunately i had to leave my can of medical grade disinfectant at home... the department of homeland security wouldn't let me bring it on the plane because the bottle was larger than 3 ounces.
so far no weird infections! i'll keep you posted. :)
Post a Comment